Election Day is next Tuesday, November 4, which means it’s Bake Sale time!
The funds we raise will go to the 282 PTO and contribute to our goal of funding a music teacher for the school starting in 2015.
Here’s how you can help make it a success:
- Donate baked goods. Both homemade and store bought items will be happily accepted! Baked goods can be dropped off in Ms. Baka’s office, Room 117, on Monday, Nov. 3rd. and on Election Day.
- Please consider volunteering your time on Tuesday. An hour or two can make a huge difference. We will be manning the bake sale table from 8am – 11am and from 5pm – 8pm.
If you would like to volunteer of you have any questions, please contact Alexandra Atkins at email@example.com
The party takes place this Friday night, 10/24, from 6-9PM. The proceeds from this fun community event are used to fund enrichments for all grades. Last year’s Spooktacular was a huge success; help ensure that this year’s will be too by making a donation or volunteering your time.
- Volunteers are still needed to set up, staff the event (i.e., overseeing activities, selling tickets, working at the concession stand, etc) and clean up afterwards.
- Donations of snacks and beverages for the concession stand are still needed, as are decorations and items for the raffle.
If you can volunteer or have any donations, please contact Keiana Dunn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please join us for the annual PS/MS 282 Volunteer Fair!
Held Wednesday, October 15th at the PTO meeting, 6-8PM.
- Help plan events
- Volunteer during lunch/recess
- Give tech support
- Create signage, posters
- Decorate our school halls
- Do PR for our school
And so much more!
WE NEED YOU! Please help make 2014-2015 a great year.
The first General Body PTO meeting of the year will be held on Wednesday, October 15, at 6 PM in the auditorium. We encourage you to attend so you can be an active participant in making this a great year for 282.
We will also be holding parent SLT elections at the end of that meeting.
Childcare will be provided.
Please join us on Friday, October 3 at 6PM in our auditorium to watch “Muppets Most Wanted.” Admission is $5 per person*, and snacks will be sold at our concession stand.
Proceeds will benefit The Green Zone, a PTO committee dedicated to bringing hands-on, fun, and educational gardening experiences to PS/MS 282 students. Year-long Green Zone learning opportunities are provided through parent and community donations, PTO fundraising, events, and grants. Get involved!
Want to volunteer at this event, or donate items for the concession stand? Please contact danitaNY@aol.com
Muppets Most Wanted – Rated PG; 112 minutes Disney’s “Muppets Most Wanted” takes the entire Muppets gang on a global tour, selling out grand theaters in some of Europe’s most exciting destinations, including Berlin, Madrid and London. But mayhem follows the Muppets overseas, as they find themselves unwittingly entangled in an international crime caper headed by Constantine—the World’s Number One Criminal and a dead ringer for Kermit—and his dastardly sidekick Dominic, aka Number Two, portrayed by Ricky Gervais. The film stars Tina Fey as Nadya, a feisty prison guard, and Ty Burrell as Interpol agent Jean Pierre Napoleon.
The PTO elections were held tonight in the school auditorium. Congratulations to the Executive Board for the 2014-15 school year:
Co-Presidents: Andrew Marshall and Greg Steddin
Co Vice-Presidents: Cheryl Cook and Kathleen Wolf
Co-Secretaries: Alexandra Atkins and Erica Washington
Co-Treasurers: David Gordon and Celeste Spicer
Thanks to all the parents and guardians for coming out to vote. Special thanks to all the nominees for running.
It was great to see so many people and so much enthusiasm for the coming year. Working together, we will achieve great things for all our children this year.
There are four important meetings coming up that deserve 282 parent and family attention:
- TONIGHT is the PS/MS 282 PTO Election. Please come out and also consider running. An active PTO is a key part of a vibrant school community. 6pm in the auditorium.
- Also tonight is the hearing about the Success Academy application to open schools in District 13, 14, and 15, in 2016. It’s at PS 133 this evening; speaker sign-up starts at 5:30pm.
- TOMORROW is the CEC13 meeting at 6:30pm in our own (282) auditorium. Brad Lander, our city council member, is speaking. Please come! There will also be an ice cream social as well and Jeremy De Rio of 2020 Schools will talk about the mural project.
- SAVE THE DATE for October 20th, 6:30pm, at PS 307 in Vinegar Hill. That’s the October CEC13 calendar meeting. Chancellor Fariña will be speaking — a great chance for you to advocate for 282 directly in person with the Chancellor. Submit your questions ahead of time on-line).