The party takes place this Friday night, 10/24, from 6-9PM. The proceeds from this fun community event are used to fund enrichments for all grades. Last year’s Spooktacular was a huge success; help ensure that this year’s will be too by making a donation or volunteering your time.
- Volunteers are still needed to set up, staff the event (i.e., overseeing activities, selling tickets, working at the concession stand, etc) and clean up afterwards.
- Donations of snacks and beverages for the concession stand are still needed, as are decorations and items for the raffle.
If you can volunteer or have any donations, please contact Keiana Dunn at email@example.com.
Please join us for the annual PS/MS 282 Volunteer Fair!
Held Wednesday, October 15th at the PTO meeting, 6-8PM.
- Help plan events
- Volunteer during lunch/recess
- Give tech support
- Create signage, posters
- Decorate our school halls
- Do PR for our school
And so much more!
WE NEED YOU! Please help make 2014-2015 a great year.
The first General Body PTO meeting of the year will be held on Wednesday, October 15, at 6 PM in the auditorium. We encourage you to attend so you can be an active participant in making this a great year for 282.
We will also be holding parent SLT elections at the end of that meeting.
Childcare will be provided.
Please join us on Friday, October 3 at 6PM in our auditorium to watch “Muppets Most Wanted.” Admission is $5 per person*, and snacks will be sold at our concession stand.
Proceeds will benefit The Green Zone, a PTO committee dedicated to bringing hands-on, fun, and educational gardening experiences to PS/MS 282 students. Year-long Green Zone learning opportunities are provided through parent and community donations, PTO fundraising, events, and grants. Get involved!
Want to volunteer at this event, or donate items for the concession stand? Please contact danitaNY@aol.com
Muppets Most Wanted – Rated PG; 112 minutes Disney’s “Muppets Most Wanted” takes the entire Muppets gang on a global tour, selling out grand theaters in some of Europe’s most exciting destinations, including Berlin, Madrid and London. But mayhem follows the Muppets overseas, as they find themselves unwittingly entangled in an international crime caper headed by Constantine—the World’s Number One Criminal and a dead ringer for Kermit—and his dastardly sidekick Dominic, aka Number Two, portrayed by Ricky Gervais. The film stars Tina Fey as Nadya, a feisty prison guard, and Ty Burrell as Interpol agent Jean Pierre Napoleon.
The PTO elections were held tonight in the school auditorium. Congratulations to the Executive Board for the 2014-15 school year:
Co-Presidents: Andrew Marshall and Greg Steddin
Co Vice-Presidents: Cheryl Cook and Kathleen Wolf
Co-Secretaries: Alexandra Atkins and Erica Washington
Co-Treasurers: David Gordon and Celeste Spicer
Thanks to all the parents and guardians for coming out to vote. Special thanks to all the nominees for running.
It was great to see so many people and so much enthusiasm for the coming year. Working together, we will achieve great things for all our children this year.
There are four important meetings coming up that deserve 282 parent and family attention:
- TONIGHT is the PS/MS 282 PTO Election. Please come out and also consider running. An active PTO is a key part of a vibrant school community. 6pm in the auditorium.
- Also tonight is the hearing about the Success Academy application to open schools in District 13, 14, and 15, in 2016. It’s at PS 133 this evening; speaker sign-up starts at 5:30pm.
- TOMORROW is the CEC13 meeting at 6:30pm in our own (282) auditorium. Brad Lander, our city council member, is speaking. Please come! There will also be an ice cream social as well and Jeremy De Rio of 2020 Schools will talk about the mural project.
- SAVE THE DATE for October 20th, 6:30pm, at PS 307 in Vinegar Hill. That’s the October CEC13 calendar meeting. Chancellor Fariña will be speaking — a great chance for you to advocate for 282 directly in person with the Chancellor. Submit your questions ahead of time on-line).
Don’t forget! Tonight is our “Meet the Teacher Orientation” — times are 5pm, 6pm, 7pm. This will be an opportunity for parents to meet their child’s official class and subject area teachers. This is also a chance to discuss curriculum and expectations. Parents with multiple students at 282 should try and attend as many sessions as they have children at the school.
Please also make note of two upcoming meetings next week:
- PS/MS 282 PTO Election. Monday, September 22nd. 6pm in the school auditorium.
This is your chance to to choose this year’s Executive Board. Please consider running, and no matter what please show up to vote. Every parent is a member of the PTO and all parents voices are crucial
- Community Education Council (CEC) 13 Calendar Meeting. Tuesday, September 23rd, 6:30pm, at PS/MS 282 in our auditorium.
Councilmember Brad Lander is expected to join us as well as Jeremy Del Rio of 2020 Schools to talk about last year’s mural project. The CEC regular calendar meeting will follow, concluded by an ice cream social. There will also be a parent resource fair!
And finally, SAVE THE DATE for the October CEC13 meeting, on Monday October 20th at PS307 — Chancellor Fariña will be the special guest and available to answer your questions (which can be submitted ahead of time on-line).